St David’s Church in Nottage came into existence in 1948. Before this time Communion Services had been held in a house named ‘Redlands’ in West Road. However, soon after the end of the Second World War steps were taken to have a church built in Nottage and a small wooden church was erected in 1948 on land kindly given by Mr. J. K. Blundell. The building was an ex-Church Army hut that had been purchased from an RAF camp. The site had been used by the American Forces during the war and two Nissen hut buildings that they had left, were also acquired. These were used as a schoolroom and anteroom. The small mission church was dedicated to St. David and consecrated by the Bishop of Llandaff on 24th March 1948.
By 1967, the life of the Nissen huts had come to an end and in 1968 they were demolished and a classroom-style timber church hall was built. In 1970 part of the original site was sold for housing (now The Glade) and in 1978 the car park and stone boundary walls were constructed.
By 1991, in order to cater for the growing community in Nottage it was decided to build a new church on the existing site. It was agreed, and building work on Stage 1 began on 8th January 1992. Money was raised from grants, donations and hard work by many fundraising. The work began with the demolition of the old church and, while the building work was taking place, all services were held in the hall. It was a nostalgic and sad time for many people but the old bell was saved and reinstalled in the new church. The church (Stage 1) was completed on 6th November 1992 and consecrated by Roy, Bishop of Llandaff on 12th November. The hall work (Stage 2) was started on 12th December 1994 and all building work completed by 19th May 1995.